Canada vacation homes
|British Columbia vacation homes are located on the westcoast of Canada. It is the 3rd largest province and consists of three mountain ranges and two-thirds of the province is forest. [ Link ]|
|Alberta vacation homes are located in a western prairie province which is home to the Rocky Mountain Range, Boreal Forest, chain of lakes, dinosaur fossils and hoodoos. [ Link ]|
|Saskatchewan vacation homes are located in a central prairie province which is home to historical sites, canola fields, Boreal Forest, grasslands, Canadian Shield and 10,000 lakes. [ Link ]|
|Yukon vacation homes are located in a wilderness environment with mountains, glaciers, rivers and wildlife. Home to great sightseeing highways in Canada and the Northern Lights. [ Link ]|
|NWT vacation homes are located in a wilderness environment at the doorway to the Arctic Circle. Home to waterfalls, lakes, the Canadian Shield, the Northern Lights and buffalo herds. [ Link ]|
Canada vacation homes and rental suites are widely popular in many areas of the country. They are located in rural towns, in remote villages, in urban centres and in wilderness back country regions.
In some regions vacations homes and rental suites make up a large percentage of the available rental accommodations while in other regions these types of accommodations are not available.
Canadian vacation homes and rental suites vary in size, age, location and price. They tend to be self contained accommodations meaning that most of the common amenities used in every day living are included with the accommodation.
The Canada accommodation is a self contained accommodation with a furnished kitchen, living area, bedrooms and washrooms. Often it is a stand alone rental accommodation surrounded by year round residences of the local community.
The type of vacation home depends on the very needs of the traveler. Some of the factors to consider when renting a Canada vacation home or rental suite include the number of bedrooms, size of the home and location of the home. Some of the extras that may or may not be provided by vacation homes include sports equipment, games rooms, washer and dryer, jacuzzi tubs, sauna, hot tubs, freezer, garage, boat launch, beach access and others.
Canada Vacation Homes and Rental Suite Accommodation Booking Tips
- confirm what is the price of the accommodation with taxes included?
- confirm sleeping arrangements within the home.
- book accommodation prior to your arrival, especially for weekends and holidays.
- confirm arrival time and key pick up.
- confirm who is the contact person for problems if they should arise?
- for families with children confirm activities & attractions that are nearby.
- request a walk-through of accommodation with your Host prior to moving in.
- confirm services important to you like phones, television, internet, cell service, microwave. (if important)
- confirm parking situation.
- is there a cleaning crew every morning?
- is there laundry facilities on site? (if important)
- are there any special pricing packages if you stay longer?
- in the winter: request that the heat be turned on prior to your arrival.
- and please mention you saw their Vacation Home on the EH Tourism Network.
Most Popular Winter Adventures
Canada Wildlife ... learn more about wildlife like bears, moose, bison, cougar, caribou, fox and more.